Only in St. Cloud: 50+ Reasons to Come Hungry to Summertime by George
With dozens of globally-inspired and freshly-prepared cuisine options, the Middletown Market at Summertime by George is sure to have a dish to satisfy all ages and taste buds.
Dust off your lawn chair and clear your calendar on Wednesday evenings June 13 – August 29 because St. Cloud Rotary’s Summertime by George is back with another exciting year of live music in park and, of course, the Middletown Market, the line-up of local restaurateurs whipping up delicious, worldly fare. After serving thousands of happy concert-goers last summer, this year’s menu is more impressive than ever before!
Whether you opt for off-street parking or take the free trolley a few blocks from downtown, you’re almost guaranteed to catch a flavorful, smoky whiff of sizzling burgers, brats and wood-fired chicken from hundreds of yards away. Sweet-toothed snackers can look forward to freshly-popped kettle corn, scoops of hand-made ice cream, sugary mini donuts and cheesecake in a cone. Freshly squeezed lemonade, organic fruit smoothies, shaved ice and refreshing bubble tea will be waiting to cool you off on hot summer evenings.
Beyond the staple summer BBQ foods, you’ll find internationally-inspired items to broaden and delight your palate such as spicy jerk chicken, Nigerian meat pies, jollof rice and fried plantains, authentic Mexican breads and pastries, tacos in and out of a bag, Asian egg rolls and deep-fried wontons, Canadian poutine, Indian chicken tandoori and naan bread, Greek gyros and Middle Eastern lamb salad. It has previously been said that Middletown Market is a place to “taste the world”, and this year will be no different.
As you stroll around the Market, eating your favorite finger foods and licking barbecue sauce from your lips, you can also shop for hand-crafted items, popular brands of home-based products, art, creative upcycled decorations and unique clothing and fashion accessories. Younger tots and teens can be entertained by face painting, trampoline-jumping, giant inflatables and custom-made balloon animals. And let’s not forget about the live music which can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own chair or on foot, if you feel inclined to break out your dance moves.
All vendors in the Middletown Market will be serving their specialty food each week from 5:00 – 9:00 PM. Below you can take a quick look at the Summertime by George menu. Choosing what to eat will be a challenge. Luckily, you’ll have nine weeks of concerts to try to sample it all!
Start with these dinner favorites…
- House of Pizza – Hometown pizza delivered from the downtown restaurant
- Pacific Wok – A bowl of steamed vegetables with teriyaki- or yakitori-flavored steak or chicken served over rice
- Happy Hut – Grilled cheese and other specialty sandwiches
- Grizzly’s – Wood-fired chicken tacos
- Albany American Legion – Hot beef, brats and sloppy joe sandwiches with fries
- Dong Khanh – Asian dishes, egg rolls and cream cheese stuffed wontons
- African Yen – Jollof rice, grilled chicken and goat meat, sweet plantains, meat pies and sambosas
- Wild Willies Sandwich Shack – Burgers, steak bites, chicken sandwiches, pulled pork with coleslaw, fish tacos, buzzard balls, Vietnamese subs and much more
- Nana’s Kitchen – Pulled pork sandwiches, old-fashioned burgers, hot dogs with all the fixings, and chili cheese fries
- Papa Murphy’s – Pizza by the slice and freshly made chocolate chip cookies
- Grandstand Concessions – Northern-style corn pups, nachos, tator tot hotdish, lefsa wrap, white cheddar curds, funnel cakes, fresh fried pie and Izze brand sodas
- Ksira Concessions – Cheese curds, twisted tater fries, curd-stuffed bacon hot dog, poutine, turkey legs, corn dog basket, onion rings and fries
But save room for dessert…
- KNB Concessions – Homemade ice cream
- OHM Brownies – Gourmet brownies
- Christine’s Cheesecakes – Multi-flavored cheesecake served by the slice or in a cone
- Goodcookies – Homemade cookies, trail mix and hand-sized pies
- Emy’s Mini Donuts – Miniature donut bites, hot from the deep fryer and coated with sugary goodness
- Dustin’s Delicious Delectables – Old fashioned, English toffee topped with almonds, hazelnuts, or Macadamia nuts and toasted coconut
- Bakery & Pasteleria Alvarez – Authentic Mexican breads and pastries
- Twisty – Soft-serve ice cream with a variety of swirly flavored toppings
These drinks and snacks will keep you refreshed and satisfied all night…
- Fountain of Juice – Fresh fruit and vegetable smoothies, bubble tea, soft pretzel, pitas and cold pasta
- Kona Ice – Tropical fruit flavored shaved ice
- Mister Lemonade – Hand-squeezed lemonade and tacos in bag
- Popcorn Patty – Carmel corn, puffed corn, cheddar corn and mixed corn
- Grampa Steve’s & Kettle*Licious Kettle Corn – Multi-flavors of freshly popped kettle corn served by the bag-full