Quality Of Life
No two people think of recreation in the same way.
For everyone who defines it as extreme mountain biking and downhill skiing, there’s someone else who thinks of recreation as watching a holiday parade or playing “fetch” in a dog park.
The best thing about outdoor recreation in Greater St. Cloud is that you can’t do most things year ‘round. Instead, you have new opportunities as the seasons change. It’s true that you can’t golf as frequently here as you can in Phoenix or Atlanta, but the downhill skiing isn’t all that great there.
You get the best of all worlds, and all four seasons, right here.
It’s also true that Greater St. Cloud doesn’t have a great fishing hole that everyone counts on. We make you pick from among 10,000 lakes.
So don’t be offended if we tell you to “take a walk” or “go jump in the lake.” We’re simply inviting you along to have some fun.
Here are a few other ways we have fun here (with a list that is far from exhaustive):
Here are a few other ways we have fun here:
- Baseball & softball – plus the Minnesota Amateur Baseball Hall of Fame
- BMX bike racing
- Canoeing & kayaking
- Community centers
- Community education classes
- Dog parks – many throughout Greater St. Cloud
- Downhill & cross-country skiing
- Golfing – 60 courses plus disk golf
- Hockey – from little kids to Division I men & women
- Ice skating
- Inline skating
- Live theater
- Music – Live bands, St. Cloud Symphony Orchestra and many others
- Public gardens
- Rock climbing
- Roller Derby
- Scuba diving
- Senior activities
- Theater camp
- Water parks
- Youth sports